BizPaL Online Business Permits and Licences
Find Out What Permits & Licences You Need for Your Business
BizPaL is an innovative online service that provides entrepreneurs with simplified access to information about business permits, licences and other requirements needed to start, operate and grow your business from the federal, provincial/territorial and participating municipal governments.
Benefits of BizPaL
Finding out which government requirements apply to a certain business type can be time consuming and frustrating. BizPaL was created to help identify what you may require, quickly and easily. The information you need is available from a single source; entrepreneurs spend less time dealing with red tape – saving effort and money in the process – and more time building their business.
This service is the result of strong collaboration between the Government of Canada, the Government of British Columbia, the City of Pitt Meadows and the Pitt Meadows Economic Development Corporation and is designed with the following benefits in mind:
- It's free to use
- It saves time
- It’s available 24/7
AgPaL for Farmers, Producers and Food Processors
Similar to BizPal, AgPal offers B.C. farmers, producers, and food processors information and links to application details for accessing about 70 federal and provincial government programs that, among other things, offer funding to help B.C. food producers reach new markets, adopt new technology and develop more sustainable operations, as well as access insurance programs for weather-related losses.
Business Start-up, Incorporating & Day-to-Day Operations
- Business Gateway Access all the government services and information needed to start, run and grow your business.
- Corporate Registry Provides information on the legal framework within which all businesses, not-for-profit societies, cooperative associations and financial institutions operate in British Columbia and files documents for the incorporation, registration, maintenance and dissolution of these entities.
- FrontCounter BC FrontCounter BC simplifies the process for individuals or small-to-medium-sized natural resource businesses starting up or already operating.
- OneStop BC Business Registry Onestop Business Registry allows you to complete the most commonly required business registrations and transactions – the site includes choosing, approving and registering your business name, incorporating your company, liquor licensing and changing your address.
- Canadian Youth Business Foundation The CYBF provides coaching, resources and financing across Canada to help entrepreneurs between the ages of 18 and 34.
- Junior Achievement Canada Junior Achievement provides a link between education and work to help students discover leadership, financial literacy, entrepreneurship and workforce-readiness skills.
- Small Business Finance Centre Explore provincial opportunities via the "Go Grant Finder" in the upper left corner of the page.
- Young Entrepreneur Awards Junior Achievement provides a link between education and work to help students discover leadership, financial literacy, entrepreneurship and workforce-readiness skills.
- Young Social Entrepreneurs of Canada A great network for socially driven young entrepreneurs who are interested in aligning making profits strategically and