Immigrating to BC/Canada
WelcomeBC.ca is designed to assist prospective immigrants, newcomers, community leaders and service providers by offering direct access to a wide cross-section of BC government and federal ministries.
Citizenship & Immigration Canada
Citizenship & Immigration Canada offer a variety of programs for individuals that would like to visit, word temporarily, study in or immigrate to Canada.
Working in Canada Tool
If you need help finding out what your occupation is referred to in Canada and what jobs are open across the country, you can use the Working in Canada Tool. It will give you a detailed labour market report that includes information on wages and job opportunities for your occupation and city where you would like to work.
British Columbia Provincial Nominee Program
The British Columbia Provincial Nominee Program (BC PNP) accelerates the Permanent Resident application process for skilled and/or experienced workers, experienced business persons and their family members who want to settle in BC permanently.
Labour Force, Employment Standards & Training
Employment Standards Act
A quick reference guide for employers.
Information for Employers
Includes a quick reference guide for the Employment Standards Act, as well as a comprehensive list of questions frequently asked by employers.
Outlines federal services and programs available for employers.
Workers Compensation Board of BC
WorkSafeBC is dedicated to promoting workplace health and safety for the workers and employers of this province.
Work-sharing is an adjustment program designed to help employers and employees avoid temporary layoffs when there is a reduction in the normal level of business activity that is beyond the control of the employer. The measure provides income support to employees eligible for Employment Insurance benefits who work a temporarily reduced work week while their employer recovers.
Workplace Training for Innovation Program
The Workplace Training for Innovation Pilot Program budget has been fully committed. As of November 26, 2010, Applications for WTIP Funding will no longer be accepted.
International Business Development
- BC Business Network The BC Business Network is a virtual business club for BC businesses interested in creating or developing international trade and investment relationships. The role of the BC Business Network is to raise your profile, identify international opportunities and partnerships, and deliver relevant market and industry information.
- Import/Export Tax Guide Includes an interactive export planner to assist in preparing an export plan or an export-focused business plan for a new or existing business. Also includes valuable guides and information resources related to both export markets and importing.
- Industry Canada Provides access to tools and resources within three sections: economic research, industry and trade statistics and market research.
- International Trade Canada (DFAIT) Information and advice on Canadian and international business.
- Invest BC A resource for business location needs in British Columbia.
- Invest in Canada A resource for business location needs in Canada.
- TradestartLearn how to take your product or service outside Canada. Follow the five stages below and find out how your business can become export ready. Your next market is waiting for you.