School District No. 42 serves approximately 15,000 students from kindergarten to Grade 12 in both Pitt Meadows and Maple Ridge. This is one of the fastest growing school districts in British Columbia. The District meets the diverse needs of the students by offering a variety of programs and by giving every student the opportunity to attend a school that suits his or her particular needs, anywhere in the city, as long as space permits. They are committed to the concept of life-long learning and to that end provide courses and certificate programs that meet the needs of adult learners in our community.
School District No. 42 Profile
Within the boundaries of Pitt Meadows and Maple Ridge there are four private schools offering programming in Junior Kindergarten up to Grade 12. These schools include:
Post Secondary Educational Institutions (within 50 km of Pitt Meadows)
Pitt Meadows residents benefit from close proximity to a number of post-secondary education colleges/universities including the University of the Fraser Valley (UFV), Douglas College, British Columbia Institute of Technology (BCIT), Simon Fraser University (SFU) and the University of British Columbia (UBC). All institutions are located within 50 km of Pitt Meadows. Please see the Site Selector for more information on education.
- British Columbia Institute of Technology (BCIT)
- Emily Carr University of Art & Design
- Langara College
- Ridge Meadows College - A partnership with School District No. 42 (serving Pitt Meadows and Maple Ridge)
- Simon Fraser University (SFU)
- Sprott-Shaw Community College
- Trinity Western University (TWU)
- University of British Columbia (UBC)
- Vancouver Community College (VCC)
- Vancouver Film School
- Vancouver Institute of Media Arts (VANARTS)