BC Provincial Ministry of Jobs Innovation and Tourism
- Tourism strategy
- Aboriginal tourism
- Recreational fish and wildlife promotion
- B.C. brand designations
- International and internal trade policy
- Export market development
- Trade, Investment, and Labour Mobility Agreement
- Research, innovation and technology
- Year of Science
- Small Business Roundtable
- Canada-BC Business Service Centre
- Immigration policy
- Labour market policy
- Provincial Nominee Program
- Industry training
- Community adjustment
- Community Development Trust
- Community Business Loans Program
- Land use planning
- Regional economic and rural development
- Economic development policy
- Mountain pine beetle
- Columbia Basin Trust
- Rural BC Secretariat
- Asia Pacific Trade and Investment
- International Marketing Secretariat
- Trade initiatives
- Pacific Coast Collaborative
Major Agencies, Boards and Commissions
- Pavilion Corporation of BC
- Forestry Innovation Investment Ltd.
- Leading Edge Endowment Fund Board
- BC Innovation Council
- Premier’s Technology Council
- Northern Development Initiative Trust
- North Island Coast Development Initiative Trust
- Southern Interior Development Initiative Trust
- Nechako-Kitimaat Development Fund Society
- BC-Alcan Northern Development Fund
- Industry Training Authority
- Multicultural Advisory Council
Western Economic Diversification Canada
Western Economic Diversification Canada (WD) works to strengthen western innovation, business development and community economic development. A key initiative of WD is to build a stronger West in a stronger Canada.
Western Canada's economy is also largely dependent on trade, with approximately one third of its total Gross Domestic Product (GDP) derived from exports. The largest trading partner is the US.
The strong economic growth in Western Canada has created tremendous opportunities for industries such as manufacturing, industrial and residential construction, science and technology innovation and services. Western Canada has been taking advantage of these opportunities and working hard to build stronger economic foundations and maintain its competitiveness in the global market.
Western Economic Diversification Canada's mandate is to promote the development and diversification of the economy of Western Canada and advance the interests of the West in national economic policy. To achieve this mandate, we support initiatives that contribute to the following project activities:
- A strengthened western Canadian innovation system and a competitive and expanded business sector in Western Canada
- Economically viable communities in Western Canada with a high quality of life.
To learn more about Western Economic Diversification please visit their website.
Department of Foreign Affairs and International Trade
The Department of Foreign Affairs and International Trade (DFAIT) has the mandate to manage Canada's diplomatic and consular relations and to encourage the country's international trade relationships. Managing trade relationships includes assisting foreign businesses looking to invest in Canada, as well as assisting Canadian businesses with selling their products, goods and services to international markets. Key initiatives of DFAIT are to:
- Ensure that Canada's foreign policy advances Canada's national interests
- Strengthen rules-based trading arrangements and expand free and fair market access
- Working with a range of partners inside and outside government to achieve increased economic opportunity.
The Trade Commission Services branch of DFAIT has programs that can help Canadian entrepreneurs promote their innovation efforts through collaboration and partnership. The Going Global Innovation Program is designed to promote Canada's international innovation efforts by supporting Canadian companies and/or researchers in pursuing international R&D collaborative opportunities through the development of partnerships with key players in other countries. Please visit the DFAIT website to learn more about this program.
Another great DFAIT initiative is the International Science and Technology Partnerships Program. This program supports bilateral research projects that have the potential for commercialization between Canada and a partner country.
To learn more about the services offered by the Canadian Department of Foreign Affairs and International Trade please visit their website.