Pitt Meadows is a vibrant municipality with a population of approximately 18,500 and is located 45 minutes east of downtown Vancouver. The City’s well-planned and compact urban highland is surrounded by majestic snow-capped mountains, parks, rivers and North America’s largest tidal lake – all of which present spectacular opportunity and have a positive impact on quality of life. With thousands of visitors per year, it’s evident that word of mouth about this great community is spreading.
When you locate in Pitt Meadows, there’s no need for you to choose between work and lifestyle! You really can have it all – live, work and play all within 15 minutes of each other. In Pitt Meadows, affordable housing is a reality, entrepreneurs have the full support of the PMEDC and the great outdoors is right at your doorstep.
The City of Pitt Meadows’s 2012 Citizen Survey Says…
- 99% of citizens rate the overall quality of life in the City of Pitt Meadows positively
- On a top-of-mind basis, 32% of citizens say that the best part of living in Pitt Meadows is its “small town/community feel (but still close to big city.”
- 96% of citizens are satisfied with the overall level and quality of services provided by the City of Pitt Meadows.
- Despite growing concern over taxation/municipal government spending, 76% of citizens say they receive good value for the taxes they pay to the City of Pitt Meadows. This includes 21% saying “very good value.”
*City of Pitt Meadows 2012 Citizen Survey conducted by Ipsos Reid.
Quick Community Stats
- Community Size = 95 square kilometres
- Available Land = 81 hectares of light industrial, 52 hectares of commercial
- Population – Pitt Meadows = 18,500 (estimate)
- Population – within 30 minute drive = 1 million
- Workforce – Pitt Meadows = 9,000
- Workforce – within 30 minute drive = 600,000
- Pitt Meadows Residents – Median Household Income = $64,748
- Pitt Meadows Residents – Median Age = 38.3
Cost of Living Calculator
Are you considering a move to British Columbia? Or are you planning to move from one B.C. city to another? WelcomeBC’s Cost of Living Calculator can help you. Use WelcomeBC’s calculator to find the average salary for your career in British Columbia, and the cost of living in British Columbia’s diverse communities. Compare results from different communities, and make informed decisions about your move.The Cost of Living Calculator was built using data collected through the Economic Research Institute.
Others Think We’re a Great Place Too! REIN Canada Recently Voted Pitt Meadows as the #5 Top Place to Invest
Pitt Meadows, along with neighbouring community Maple Ridge, was recently named the #5 Investment City in Canada and the #2 Place to Live for Lifestyle by the Real Estate Investment Network.
Pitt Meadows is a prime location for those wanting to access the amenities and opportunities that a larger city offers plus the chance to play in the great outdoors, all within minutes from either work or home.