The has many services, programs and initiatives in place to assist the existing business community, market the community to potential investors and encourage employment opportunities in Pitt Meadows.
Some of the Services Offered by the include:
- Maintaining a comprehensive available land and built space inventory web-page
- Providing community statistics and demographics
- Assisting both new and expanding businesses with locating and relocating businesses
- Facilitating the planning and development permitting process with the City of Pitt Meadows
- Conducting research on business gaps and opportunities
- Assisting investors identify business opportunities in Pitt Meadows
- Assisting Pitt Meadows businesses identify international opportunities and partnerships
- Facilitating sharing of business concerns with the appropriate agency
Programs Offered by the include:
- Business Retention and Expansion Program
The BR&E Program is an economic development approach that recognizes the importance of existing businesses. Studies show that anywhere from 40 to 80 percent of new jobs come from existing business within the community. The BR&E program has the following four objectives 1) Show local businesses that the community appreciates their contribution to the local economy 2)Identify challenges that could cause employers to leave the community 3) Assist businesses in using programs aimed at helping them become more competitive, and 4) Build relationships with company executives.
- Ambassador Program
The Ambassador Program solicits the support and talent of residents, business people and key leaders within the community to help promote “Think Pitt Meadows” and Pitt Meadows as the community to live, work, play and invest. If you’d like to find out more about this program, please contact our office at 604-465-9481 or you can visit our Ambassador Program web page for more information.
Some of the Initiatives for 2013 include:
has a busy year planned for 2013 with activities and projects planned in each of our core service areas. In addition to our already established services the big picture for in 2013 will include the following key activities:
- Expand the business retention and expansion program.
- Continue to implement investment strategies in the aerospace, agrifood and tourism sectors. Begin looking at opportunities in the transportation sector.
- Expand project communication with a mapping tool.
- Increase communication with the business community through a business survey.
- Expand the Ambassador volunteer program and the business awareness of this support service.
- Continue to implement the Invest North Fraser BC Jobs Plan projects.
- Identify and coordinate local business mentorship resources.
- Support research on the South Harris Industrial area.
- Conduct a trade area and assets analysis